Ich liebe, du liebst, A Liebster award!
Alright, so yesterday was pretty shit. As was the night that followed. So imagine my surprise when I awake to find that my little jedi blog as been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Sara over at Portlandian Bonanza! I think I need a coffee to take this in. *rubs eyes* Wait, what? Wow! Thank you!
As is in my nature, I’ve done a bit of research on it. But the vast internet jungle has not yielded many concrete answers except from other bloggers. It seems the Liebster award has been around since at least 2010. And it also seems as it has its small variations here and there. So here’s the basic gist if it:
The Libester award is given to relatively new blogs with less than 300 (some say 200) followers. It seems to be the general consensus that the award originated in Germany and it’s purpose is to showcase good blogs to a bigger audience. Upon accepting the award you also give thanks to the blogger that nominated you and pay it forward to new bloggers. Mostly all the bigger blogs I read have received a Liebster Award. I think it’s a pretty sweet thing!
Here are the rules for the acceptance of the award (and I do so humbly and thankfully accept!):
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back
- Answer the 10 questions posed by the blogger who nominated you
- Select 3 – 5 bloggers for the award
- Pose 10 new questions to the new nominees
- Post the award on your blog
So, the questions I got from Sara:
- If you could interview any person, living or dead, on your blog who would it be? Why? That would have to be artist and photographer Sandy Skoglund. I am a big fan of her work and would love to pick her brain about things.
- Do you posses any secret talents? If so, please share! Secret talents? I guess I have a real knack for figuring out how to make things I have never made before.
- If you were deserted on an island what three things would you want with you? I would want a blank journal, a pencil and a good camera. But if I let the practical side of me choose I would say a knife, a blanket and a tarp. Or a water bottle. Damn, this is a hard one. I better never get stranded on a deserted island!
- Batman or Superman? Batman! Way better outfit. And he has a mask and the batmobile. Superman never had his own car. Superman did have that whole flying thing going for him and the laser shooting eyes, but I’m all about the visuals on this one.
- What must you have on hand when sitting down to write a blog post? Coffee. Must have coffee, Bridge and Photoshop. I rarely blog without visuals.
- Name the CD that is currently playing in car/iPod? I listen to pretty much all my music through Spotify these days. What’s currently spinning there is 22 Pistepirkko’s Rumble City Lala Land.
- What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it to a friend? That was John Medina’s Brain rules for baby. I haven’t quite finished it yet, but I would definitely recommend it. It’s all about baby brain development. It’s very good.
- If you could guest post for any blog out there, what blog would it be and what would the title of your post be? It would be horror photographer Joshua Hoffine’s blog and the title of the blog would be the title of one of my images, I suppose. If I had to choose from my former work it would be Hellion. His blog is all about how he makes his work, so my guest post would be on how I go about making one of my images.
- Quick, your husband’s/wife’s boss is coming to dinner what do you make? Easy! Salmon with pancetta baked on bed of potatoes, asparagus and tomatoes on the vine. Delicious!
- What is something you wish someone would have shared with you about blogging, good or bad? That it’s addictive and that you need to put yourself out there if you want people to read it. I’ve blogged a bit before, but it was more a form of personal note taking of my research. It was intended just for me and not very personal. This one is very personal. I wish someone had told me blogging makes you feel somewhat vulnerable, but also very supported.
Next is passing on some nominations and posing my own questions. I’ll take a bit of time doing that, I really want to have a good look before I choose. Stay tuned!
Thanks again, Sara! You made my day!